Getting ready to list your Minnesota house for sale? Putting some effort into staging it well can impact how quickly it moves off the market. The tenets of staging are pretty basic: declutter, depersonalize and deep clean. But there are some little-known staging tricks that experts swear by.
Here are a few home staging tips to help you prepare, as well as a few pictures of Minnesota homes for sale that we think have gotten the staging just right!
Above: 10215 Lakeview Drive West, Minnetonka, MN – for sale
– Draw eyes to a room’s best attribute, whether that’s a beautiful fireplace or a window with a great view, by strategically placing a decorative accent like a vase or large plant nearby.
– Clean out and organize closets, cabinets and pantries, leaving more space than you normally might. This can give potential buyers the impression that your home has storage to spare.
Above: 5330 Topel Road, Golden Valley, MN – for sale
– Want to make a room seem larger? Remove rugs to give the appearance of unbroken floor space.
– Add fluffy white towels to your bathrooms. The neutral hue implies cleanliness and can give the room a spa-like feel.
– Turn on interior lights during an open house, even if it’s daytime. If your home is outfitted with compact fluorescent bulbs, be sure they have enough time to warm up to full capacity before the event begins.
Above: 1395 Waterford Drive, Golden Valley, MN – for sale
– Widen the walking area around major pieces of furniture, such as beds and sofas. A few extra inches can make all the difference.
– Leaving a room unstaged and free of furniture can encourage buyers to imagine how they could use your space.
By being thoughtful with your staging tricks, you can help potential buyers see themselves living a happy life in your Minnesota home for sale, and that may be all it takes to seal the deal.
Thinking of selling your Minnesota home? Contact our friends over at MN Realty Guide for a free, no-obligation consultation. They’d be happy to give you an idea of how to maximize your home’s value if you’re thinking of selling sometime this year.