Have you ever been invited to a BBQ or get together and were asked to bring a side salad to share??
This has happened to me on countless occasions, and for some reason I always get stumped as to which recipe to bring. I love regular green salads but feel like they get soggy fast, so I recently went on the search for another recipe that could be my go-to side dish salad. I think I found that recipe in this Summer Corn Salad. Now, don’t let the name fool you – it doesn’t need to be summer to make it but it’s especially perfect for summer time. It’s light, flavorful and delicious!! It also takes less than 15 minutes to make. It’s full of corn, basil, cucumber, feta and tomatoes – all of which are some of my favorite ingredients. It was loved by the entire family and was gone as quick as it came out. It will definitely be a new favorite, especially if you love corn.
So many of our favorite ingredients in this salad!
If you are looking for a simple, quick and tasty salad to try – this is the one!! As I mentioned already, it’s light and full of flavor. I guarantee it will be a hit at your next family function, especially if you’re a fan of these ingredients, like we are. Here is what you’ll need to make it…
Corn Salad Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (optional)
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons of oil, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cooking corn in a skillet with remaining oil until tender.
- Pour corn into a large bowl, cool slightly and add tomatoes, cucumber, and basil. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, drizzle with dressing, feta cheese and Italian dressing (if desired). ENJOY!
Love the flavor of this corn salad! And I love even more just how simple it is. As always, you can easily change this up by leaving out or adding any of your favorite ingredients. We loved it how it was but may add beans next time just because I know they’d be a great addition. 😉
Hooked on this corn salad? Visit the chef’s website, Lil’ Luna, to try some of Krysten’s other recipes!