Christmas is just days away! Now the pressure is really on. Last minute gifts, wrapping presents and planning a holiday menu – YIKES! If you’re running short on time (like us!), you’ll want to make quick and easy holiday appetizers. We’ve already done the digging for you and curated a few of our favorites.
Here’s our pick of tried and true holiday appetizers that you can whip up in no time.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
3/4 lb prosciutto
1 lb. asparagus
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus spears.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto tightly around an asparagus spear from bottom to top. Repeat with all spears.
- Coat the bottom of a large nonstick skillet with olive oil.
- Cook spears on all sides until prosciutto is slightly browned and crisp, 2-3 minutes.
Pigs In A Blanket Wreath
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
24 mini hot dogs
1/4 c. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. poppy seeds
Rosemary sprigs (for decoration)
Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slice crescent rolls lengthwise into thirds. Brush all over with dijon mustard. Place a mini hot dog on the thick end of each triangle and roll up.
- Arrange the pigs in a blanket, sided by side, in a circle on the baking sheet. They should be touching!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the crescents are golden. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Lay rosemary sprigs around the inside of the wreath and place a small bowl filled with ketchup in the center.
Garlicky Shrimp Cocktail
1 lb. raw, tail-on shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. grated Parmesan
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Marinara sauce, warmed, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Place shrimp on a baking sheet and roast until golden and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
7 mozzarella sticks
1/4 c. melted butter
1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan
1 tbsp. thinly sliced basil
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
Marinara, warmed (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut mozzarella sticks into 1” pieces. On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into two pieces. Stretch and roll each piece of dough into a long rectangle, then cut dough into 2” squares (you’ll need 33 total). Wrap a dough square around each pieces of mozzarella, forming a tightly sealed ball. Place balls seam-side down on the baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree (they should be touching). Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together melted butter, Parmesan and herbs. Brush on baked pizza dough balls. Serve warm with marinara for dipping.
And there you have it: quick and easy holiday appetizers, served up for your crowd to devour. These are SUCH easy holiday appetizers that you’ll have plenty of time left over for all of the other scrambling the holidays tend to bring. Enjoy!